All-in-one whitening system, from gel to trays
The Invisalign™ Professional Whitening System, powered by Opalescence™, is the only professional teeth whitening system approved by Align for combined use with Invisalign® aligners and Vivera™ retainers.1
Flexible whitening made simple
The convenient treatment option
Commonly asked questions
View the most commonly asked questions below or read our full FAQs.
The Invisalign Professional Whitening System was uniquely developed to be used with Invisalign clear aligners and Vivera retainers. Ultradent’s Opalescence PF product is not approved by Align for use with Invisalign clear aligners or Vivera retainers.
The Invisalign Professional Whitening System can be applied at any point during treatment. Integration into treatment planning is easy and, where appropriate, can be applied up-front during patients’ initial consultation to help generate excitement about their Invisalign therapy journey. The Invisalign Professional Whitening System can be administered after attachments have already been bonded.2
The Invisalign Professional Whitening System contains the active whitening ingredient carbamide peroxide. Peroxide gels break down into water, oxygen, and reactive oxygen molecules. These reactive oxygen molecules treat both the enamel and the dentin, oxidizing the bonds of discolored stain molecules. By changing the stained molecules, the tooth color becomes lighter.3 Reactive oxygen molecules formed during the whitening process permeate the entire tooth, so there is no need for the whitening agent to be in contact with every surface of the tooth to be whitened. The Invisalign Professional Whitening System can be administered after attachments have already been bonded.2
Align Technology is the only distributor of the Invisalign Professional Whitening System. Invisalign trained doctors can order the Invisalign Professional Whitening System through the Invisalign Doctor Site and webstore:
- For new Invisalign or Vivera patients, submit the order along with their prescription form.
- Coming soon: for current Invisalign or Vivera patients, simply order through the WebStore within the Invisalign Doctor Site.
1. Data on file at Align Technology, as of July 31, 2021.
2. Limited-time, introductory offer applicable to IDS WebStore orders of at-home treatment kits. At-home kits cannot be combined to receive discount. Offers can be redeemed multiple times, for each separate order of 6 kits of the same type of solution. Discount applied at checkout.
3. It is the doctor's responsibility to administer in accordance with the IFU.
4. Kwon SR, Wertz PW. Review of the Mechanism of Tooth Whitening. J Esthet Restor Dent. 2015 Sep-Oct;27(5):240-57.